|Intoduction | Gallery | Reviews | Object Catalogue | Contact me||My Flickr Photostream|
Canon EOS 450D DC Power Supply
LP-E5 Battery pack
Velleman K1823 1A PSU
Maplin KC92A Plastic Enclosure 75x51x25
Maplin KU50E Heatsink
12v Cigarette Lighter Plug
Maplin N32FB Round 12V Rocker Switch Illuminated Red
Wire Red/Black (Input)
Wire Black/Black & White (Output)
1. Before assembling the Velleman power supply kit enlarge the SK1 (I had to do this as the Red/Black cable I was using was a larger diameter than the pre-drilled holes).
2. Because I'm using a small enclosure I need to lay the big capacitor over, to do this I slid some cable sleeve over the connections.
3. Complete the build of the power supply kit with the omission of the sockets as I will solder the wires directly to the board.
4. Apply some thermal compound to the heatsink and push the heatsink on the voltage regulator.
5. Drill 2 holes for the cables to enter the enclosure and a 20mm hole for the power switch in the lid.
6. Insert the power switch into the lid.
7. Solder one end of the Red/Black cable into the 12v Plug.
8. Insert the wires into the enclosure.
9. Solder the black side of the Red/Black cable into one side of SK1 and then solder a short piece of red cable to the other side of SK1.
10. Solder the Red side of the Red/Black cable and the short red cable (from SK1) to the switch. Then solder the Black/Black White cable to SK2 (Output)
11. Place the PCB in the enclosure and ensure the lid closes (Don't screw shut the lid yet!).
12. Connect the EOS DC Supply to a 12v source and turn it on, then connect a multimeter to the output cables (check the polarity) and then adjust the 'Volt Adj' to get an output as close to 7.4v as possible.
12. Open the battery case, this can be a little tricky but try not to break the case.
13. Remove the PDB and battery from the case.
14. Solder the positive and negative output wires to the back of the PCB ensuring they are the correct polarity for the PCB.
15. Reassemble the battery case, excluding the battery and test in your camera.
16. The finished power supply.
END OF PROCESS
EOS DC Power
USB Focus Controller